Saturday, April 30, 2016

Hanged Man- Unhappy Card- Major Arcana Series

I know has been a bit of a wait before I continued the tarot project with the Hanged Man, but it is emotionally draining to write about the next set of cards as we got to the part of "unhappy" tarot cards, which I personally hate. Every time I write about a tarot card, I actually emotionally connect with that card as each card transmits me a feeling and/ or a message. The Hanged Man is not a "happy" card and I found myself in this sort of "limbo" situation where I was not able to act on my "free will" during certain periods of time. Please find below the general overview of the card as told by Rachel Pollack, Mary K Greer, Anthony Louis and John Mangiapane and interpreted by me.


Reasons:

The Hanged Man is ruled by the planet Neptune, the planet of disillusionment and the element is Water. It is considered the most complex image in the Tarot. The obvious meanings are: feeling victimized/ punished/ sacrificed, unable to escape FATE, feeling sorry for yourself or humiliated. As a person, the Hanged Man can be a shaman, a healer, an artist or a poet also a dreamer, even a hospital patient or a person in a low-paying job with no career. From a positive perspective the Hanged Man signifies sacrifice/ self –sacrifice and devotion as well as renunciation. When indicating a situation this card depicts a crossroad or a slow transition/ change.

Challenges/ Conflicts:

In a challenges position the Hanged Man signifies someone stuck in old habits such as addictions or abuse, living in fantasy and/ or illusion. It can also mean you may have an unrealistic/ idealistic view of others or of a relationship, or that your truth is very different from others. In a negative placement (if surrounded by negative cards) it can mean you are absorbed in materialism or there may be problems executing your projects or ideas.

Solution:

As a solution this card encourages you to stop and think, reconsider your attachments. Now you have time to contemplate before making your choices. The Hanged Man announces a good time to dedicate yourself fully to a cause or a project, to use your time for prayer or meditation. With the Hanged Man you can experience psychic visions/ and or dreams/ prophecies/ clairvoyance. From a positive perspective the solution indicated by this card is to let go something/ to make a sacrifice for a greater good/ to achieve enlightenment.
 
 
In the image above as usually we have the Hanged Man card in four decks as follows: #1 Tarot of Jane Austen, #2 Tarot of the Celtic Faeries, #3 Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot and #4 Dark Grimoire Tarot.
 PS- For those of you following my blog, remember I told you about a younger boyfriend I was seeing in December? Yes, we are still seeing each other. He is not in love with me but we are close and he makes my life better. Also, I had a question at the time whether or not to do something in the sack outside my comfort zone... well I finally did it this week.. and it was so much better than I expected!! I think sometimes overcoming our fears of the unknown..  it is the right thing to do. :)

Happy Easter- for those celebrating it this weekend!
and Happy Beltane for the Wiccan readers!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments related to the posts.
I prefer no advertising of other pages on my posts.
Thanks